I watched the Outlander finale tonight. No spoilers, I promise.
I'm just going to say there was KISSING, which, since we are talking about Outlander here shouldn't be a surprise. My heart beat very rapidly for a while and it was glorious. I started thinking about how it ranked in my top five screen kisses -- which surprised me because I didn't know I had a top five screen kisses. And then I got to thinking about what makes a good kiss and what the other 4 kisses I seem to love so much were.
So of course I had to blog about it.
5. MAD ABOUT YOU - This TV series is something SoundMan and I rewatch once every couple of years. Paul and Jamie's relationship felt so real and imperfectly perfect. (SPOILER ALERT) Their last kiss on the show was a bookend to their very first kiss, which was just so perfect for who they were as a couple. I couldn't find a clip of that last kiss (probably because while I loved the ending to the series, many other people did not), so I posted this one from their wedding instead. The resolution is absolutely horrible. Sorry.
4. OUTLANDER Season 2 Finale. No video to post because SPOILERS.
3. ANNE OF GREEN GABLES - Anne + Gilbert 4ever! I don't even think I need to explain why I love these two.
2. THE PRINCESS BRIDE - "Since the invention of the kiss, there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure--this one left them all behind." Okay, so this isn't the best kiss ever in the world in my book, but I do love the whole darn movie so much, this kiss gets the #2 spot.
1. WHEN HARRY MET SALLY - I think this is my #1 because I love Harry's speech so much. I'm a super sucker for leading men who profess their undying love. I could write a blog post on how great and funny and wonderful this movie is.
Honorable mentions go to:
Friends - Just...all of them
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part II (Ron and Hermione)
Bridget Jones' Diary
Lady and the Tramp (dogs are cute!)
I have a feeling my favorite kisses in fiction is going to be a bit tougher to nail down. What are your most favorite kissing scenes on the big (or little) screen?